Tuesday, May 29, 2007

bikes, bikes, bikes...

One of the Johns is spending the month of June working as a cycling guide for VéloSport Vacations in France at its Provence Cycling Camp. You can find regular updates here about his experiences.

New bikes to build, old ones to repair, parts to replace.

After a windy and cold 80k ride, George Noyes and I tackled the pile of VSV rental bikes. Some Fuji's are on their way out while the new Felt's are on their way in. Swap some parts, replace others, and move on to the next. I also branded the team car with VSV and SRAM logos and plus frogs. SRAM is working with us this year (i.e. graciously supplying some parts). By the way, George and I used to work together for the Motorola cycling team. I could only hack one year as a Euro based wrench. George is still here. He lives up in Belgium. After Motorola he went on to work for Disco, then Mapei, then Quick Step. The dude knows how to work on bikes -- and he speaks Flemmish, French, Spanish, German, and English.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not the same as a podcast but I will take it.

John said...

No, no -- we are still doing the podcast. The plan is to record it Thursday night. Look for it on Fridays in June.

Jeri said...

Glad to hear it - my week would not be the same without an hour of the Two John's insights...

Anonymous said...

Good. I was kind of worried. I am completely addicted to the podcasts and have been going through withdrawals.