Thursday, June 21, 2007

Annency - near Swiss miss

One of the Johns is spending the month of June working as a cycling guide for VéloSport Vacations in France at its Provence Cycling Camp. You can find regular updates here about his experiences.

Sorry, sorry for the lack of update -- And Podcast! We are working on it and hope to do the podcast tonight my time.

Anyway, my work with VSV was done on Tuesday, so I packed up the family and headed north to the Alps for some r & r. That was the plan anyway. The reality was a hell travel day from Avignon to Annency. Trains cancelled, delayed, etc... We finally made it late Tuesday evening just before the reception closed at 22:00. We are in Duingt. Try to pronounce that one. Phoenetically --- doo - eh - ng. The locals thinks it's a weird name too.

My buddy Todd and I hope to ride the Col du Semnoz today. Pics and report later.

john

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chop chop.

John said...

Chop chop!? Ok, now in Paris and the only free hotspot I can find is a smoky bar with disco music. Perhaps that would make a good backdrop for the p-cast. Realistically it won't happen until next week, but we'll see.

Sorry, sorry... (chop chop)